1190418 / 1240418 Tennis
Tutor: James Muir
Location: Uppingham School
This course is designed for the keen tennis player wanting to improve his/her skills. All abilities will be catered for and children will be grouped according to age and ability. Various aspects of tennis will be covered including forehand, backhand, serving, volleying and baseline play. The course will be fun and exciting and allow participants to compete against each other in a non-pressurised environment. Head coach is James Muir, a LTA CCA performance qualified coach, with an extensive playing background. During his ten years as a coach he has produced a number of top-rated players, including one in the UK’s top 15. James will be assisted by LTA Level 3 coach Jack Hubbard.
Course Specific Items to Bring to Uppingham
Sports equipment is provided e.g. rackets and balls, but participants may bring their own if they have them. Please clearly mark all items and clothing with your child’s name.
- Plenty of liquid refreshment (plastic sports bottle - no glass)
- Appropriate sports clothing
- Trainers (not black soled)
- Sun cream and a peaked hat
- Packed lunch for non-residential students
- 10.00am at Uppingham School Sports Centre. Collection will be at 4.00pm from the same place.
Residential Summer Course Registration
- 6.30pm - 7.30pm on Sunday evening before the course starts. Students should register at the boarding house in which they are staying. These arrangements will be confirmed nearer the time. A light supper of sandwiches and cakes will be served on arrival on Sunday evening. Please notify us of any special dietary requirements using the Parental Consent Form.