1250418 Festival of Sport
Tutor: Paul Westgate
Location: Uppingham School
Run over 5 days from Monday 14 to Friday 18 August, the Festival of Sport will incorporate our Rugby, Hockey, Tennis and Netball coaching courses. Coaching for each of the sports is aimed at all levels, from complete beginners through to county standard players, and is the ideal pre-season training opportunity, or the chance to brush up on skills before starting a new sport at school. This is an ideal opportunity to 'mix-and-match’ sports for any children who might wish to do one sport for 3 days and a second sport for the other 2 days. Please indicate which two sports your child wishes to take part in when booking.
Checklist of Course Specific Items to Bring to Uppingham
Please ensure that all clothing and other equipment is CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME
All sports equipment is provided e.g. sticks, balls and padding, but participants may bring their own if they have them.
- Appropriate sports clothing
- Gum shield (hockey, rugby)
- Trainers (not black soled)
- Shin Pads (hockey, rugby)
- Sun cream and a peaked hat
- Non-Residential students should bring a packed lunch each day. Squash and water will be provided at break times
- Hockey - 9.45am at the Middle Pavilion. Collection will be at 3.45pm from the same place.
- Rugby, Netball and Tennis - 10.00am at Uppingham School Sports Centre. Collection will be at 4.00pm from the same place.
6.30pm - 7.30pm on Sunday evening prior to the course. Students should register at the boarding house in which they are staying (this will be confirmed nearer the time). A light supper of sandwiches and cakes will be served on arrival on Sunday evening. Please notify us of any special dietary requirements using the Parental Consent Form.