INFORMATION & FAQS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment, Refunds and Cancellation
1. Prices quoted are in pounds sterling (£) and payment can be made by cheque, credit card or by direct bank transfer. Please contact Uppingham Summer School for details if you wish to pay by bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to 'Uppingham School'.
2. Payment is required in full at the time of booking unless indicated otherwise.
3. An early booking discount of 10% will apply to bookings made before 31st January 2017 for Easter courses and 31st March 2017, on select children’s courses as indicated, provided FULL payment is received at the time of booking.
4. Otherwise, places on residential courses costing more than £300 can be secured by payment of a deposit of £150, with the balance payable by 17th June.
5. Places on any Summer School courses are not guaranteed until confirmed by Uppingham Summer School.
6. A cancellation is only effective when notification is received in writing by Uppingham Summer School. The following cancellation charges will apply:-
- Cancellation more than 90 days before course start - full refund.
- Cancellation less than 90 days but more than 30 days from course start - administration charge of £150 will be levied.
- Cancellation 30 days or less from course start - full sum due.
7. We regret that we are unable to offer refunds for cancellations made 30 days or less from the course start date due to illness.
1. Uppingham Summer School reserves the right to cancel a course if numbers enrolled have not reached a minimum requirement which varies from course to course.
2. The Summer School reserves the right to change advertised tutors/coaches and amend the programme where it is found to be unavoidable or in the best interests of the students.
3. Uppingham Summer School reserves the right to exclude any student if, in our view, the student’s presence makes it difficult for the course to function properly.
4. Uppingham Summer School will not accept responsibility for any loss of enjoyment due to adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes or any other cause beyond the control of Uppingham Summer School. Although we aim to offer a wet weather alternative, this cannot always be guaranteed, and in some cases severe inclement weather may result in cancellation of a course or part of a course.
5. Where any student or parent/guardian has any concern or complaint about any course or any aspect of the course, he/she should address the matter immediately in writing to the Uppingham School Enterprise Manager. Our aim is to ensure courses fulfil expectations as far as possible, and we would always wish to rectify any issues raised. We regret we are unable to offer any recompense for complaints not brought to the attention of the Enterprise Manager at the time.
6. Full details of your course, including a list of any materials that may be required, will be sent to you in advance of the course starting date.
7. Uppingham Summer School or a representative may photograph or film courses and participants. Photographs and films will be used for marketing and promotional activities such as the Summer School brochure, advertising, website and on social networking websites. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, consent will be presumed unless Uppingham Summer School is notified in writing in advance of you or your child attending the course.
8. Smoking is not permitted in any of Uppingham School’s buildings or on Uppingham School grounds.